I’m a Councillor helps local councillors in your area to understand the issues of your people and the education sector.
“If only public question time was as good as the sessions with the youngsters.”
Cllr Joye Rosentiel, Cambridge City Council
WHAT DOES THE COUNCIL NEED TO DO?
One of the benefits of I’m a Councillor is that Councils are able to develop their relationships with local schools and press. That’s why we ask Councils to contact schools directly usign materials we supply, to get them signed up to the event. The more schools participating, the better the event – last year we had schools and youth groups involved, with a few key teachers making a real difference to levels of involvement. We supply a promotional pack with suggested press releases, logos, etc to help you. In 2009 most council staff in our survey got coverage in local papers for the event, many got coverage on local radio.
WHEN DO WE NEED TO DECIDE TO PARTICIPATE?
The earlier, the better. Schools need time to plan the event into their schedule for the year.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The standard cost of the event is £2,500 plus VAT per Council (discounts are available for District Councils) if booked by 1 September 2010. Booking after this date will incur an extra £250 to cover additional printing costs.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
In addition to the website we will supply:
- Information Pack – containing all the informatino required to promote the event within your organisation and to schools and youth centres
- 40 Teacher Packs – containing comprehensive teaching materials
- 2,000 Access Cards for young people to access the site
- Councillor briefing notes
- Electronic marketing pack
- Moderation of the site
- Regular update emails for young people, councillors and press contacts
- Post event evaluation report on how the event went in your area
- Student prize £20 book voucher
I’m a Councillor 2010 runs from 4th to 15th October 2010 (20th September to 1st October 2010 in Scotland). If you are interested in taking part, or for more information, please contact:
Trudi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 869413.